Chris Redd claims bloody punch attack wasn’t random: ‘It was planned’

Chris Redd doesn’t believe his ‘random’ attack was Actually random at all.

The 37-year-old “Saturday Night Live” alum opened up about the unprovoked assault in New York that left him with facial fractures during a Tuesday appearance on SiriusXM’s “The Bennington Show.”

In the interview, Redd joked that news of the October incident “did wonders” for the promotion of his HBO Max special “Why Am I Like This?”

“No promotion was better than getting punched in the face f—–g,” Redd explained. “People didn’t even know I had a special outing, and they were like, ‘Aw, I hope he’s okay! What special?’

He added that he “will probably post the footage ‘of the bloody deed’ and do a voice-over.”

All kidding aside, the Emmy-winning comedian has his suspicions about the one-sided altercation.

TMZ reported that Chris Redd felt “very happy and lucky” despite his ordeal.
TMZ

The “Kenan” actor was dropped off at the Comedy Cellar on Oct. 26 to play a set when a man dressed as a security guard spotted him “out of nowhere” on MacDougal Street, according to cops and sources.

“There was blood everywhere,” a source told Page Six at the time.

The suspect fled before police arrived, but the attack was reportedly captured on surveillance footage. No arrests were made.

Blood on stairs after Chris Redd attack

Blood on a staircase after Redd was attacked at the Comedy Cellar in New York.


Redd was attacked on October 26 at the Comedy Cellar in New York.

Redd was attacked on October 26 at the Comedy Cellar in New York.



Publicity

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 24: Chris Redd attends the 2022 Global Citizen Festival: New York at Central Park on September 24, 2022 in New York City.  (Photo by Rob Kim/Getty Images for Global Citizen)

“I will say it was a planned situation. This is what I feel in my heart and my soul. That’s what I saw in the footage,” Redd said.



Publicity

“I will say it was a planned situation. This is what I feel in my heart and my soul. That’s what I saw in the footage,” Redd revealed.

“People called it a random attack. I don’t believe it,” he explained. “He waited for me an hour before I arrived. He was on the phone, he had a surveillance guy and everything. All I’m saying is I’ve never done anything haphazardly where it took me an hour to do. I’ve never randomly done anything that took a buildup. That’s not what “random” is.

Redd’s comedy special, “Why Am I Like This?”, premiered last month. He left “SNL” in September as part of a major exodus of big names.

“Being part of ‘SNL’ has been the experience of a lifetime,” Redd said in a statement shared on social media at the time. “Five years ago, I came to 30 Rock knowing it was a tremendous opportunity for growth.

“Now with friends that have become family and memories that I will cherish forever, I am grateful to Lorne Michaels and the entire ‘SNL’ organization. From the bottom of my heart, I cannot thank you enough.”

Disclaimer! Vigor Times is an automatic aggregator of all media in the world. In each content, the hyperlink to the main source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the content owner and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. Content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *